This facial mask can be added to a smoothie or used to reduce redness in the skin. Combine two tablespoons of honey, one teaspoon of cinnamon and one teaspoon of nutmeg. Apply to skin & wipe with a wash cloth soaked in warm water. The spices act as an anti inflammatory causing the redness reducing effect! Not to mention, it smells delicious and is the uber festive!
Get festive this holiday season with hot eye makeup!
Always remember, Darker on the outside, Lighter on the inside.
It’s crucial to keep the light colors on the inner corner of the eye and the darker ones on the outside. Doing so will help to make your eyes look much bigger and more open. Remember to blend so you don’t see where the colors start and end, it should be a nice, gradual fade. The darkest color should be at the outer most corner of your eye and fade into your crease. When doing the application, you’re creating a horizontal “V” with the corner part of the “V” matching up with the corner of the eye and to open part of the “V” fading into the crease.
Shimmery eye shadows reflect the light and help bring your natural eye color out. When making your eyes look bigger, use a very light, or even a white shimmer on the inner most corner of your eye (even underneath) to really open up your eye area. Again, make sure you blend!
Get this look this holiday season, and stand out!
Here at TheBeautyPlace.com, we know beauty products can be pricey so we want to share some tips on how to get the most out of your favorite makeup and skincare products. After all, everyone loves to save a little money!
Tip #1 – Use moisturizer & primer on your face before applying makeup. Using either of these products underneath foundation will ensure long lasting coverage. Added Benefit: it won’t dry out or crack your makeup. You can also use an eyeshadow primer to keep eye makeup in place all day or night long.
Tip #2 – Moisturize Again! Similarly, moisturizer helps maintain a glowing tan longer whether it is from the sun or from a bottle. The added moisture on the skin locks the bronze in place for a few extra days.
Tip #3 – Add olive oil to conditioners. When it comes to haircare, adding some olive oil to your daily conditioner, or deep conditioning hair masque can stretch the product out for a few more uses.
Tip #4 - Spray perfume in pulse spots. Make that yummy spritz of perfume go the extra mile by spraying it in the correct spots. The back of the knees, behind the ears, wrists and décolletage emanate heat from your skin and sends the scent into the air around you.
Tip #5 - Use top coat. Splurging for a manicure during the holiday season can become more of a drag than a pleasure when it chips in a couple days. Apply a layer of clear top coat to nails every other day ensures a longer lasting manicure.
Strut a sleek & straight look for any holiday event this season. This look can easily be achieved with a few simple steps. To help you on your journey to silky straight hair, we’ve come up with a few tips to get you there. Read on to learn the tips and tricks below for smooth, beautiful hair. Celebrities such as Jennifer Aniston, Taylor Swift, Beyonce, and Mila Kunis can all be seen strutting this sexy look.
HOW TO GET THE LOOK
- To get this smooth, straight style, first you’ll need to nourish your hair to bring out its full healthy-looking shine. You can apply a no frizz serum to wet hair before blow-drying.
- Reach for a flat paddle brush and blow dry hair till it is completely dry. By using a flat brush you can do most of your polishing before even reaching for the flat iron.
- Once your hair is dry and straight, lightly mist hair with a smooth & protect hairspray – this will help infuse your hair with salon-quality smoothness and style that will last.
- Next you can go over hair lightly with a flat iron.
- Complete the look with a hydrating serum, for hair that shines as much as you do.
The great thing about a ponytail is that it can easily go from a day time casual look to evening chic with just a few tweaks. Try pulling the sides slick and tight and leaving a bit of volume at the top. This holiday hairstyle is a neat polished look that allows all prepping to be left in the kitchen- where it belongs! Celebrities such as Reese Witherspoon, Megan Fox, Eva Longoria, Jessica Biel, and Drew Barrymore can all be seen with this very classy hairstyle.
HOW TO GET THE LOOK
- Starting with damp hair, prep with a volumizer and spray lightly
- Blow dry hair with a vent brush & part out the crown section of hair
- Backcomb the section by the crown- that’s where you want the most volume!
- Brush all of your hair back into the shape of the ponytail you want
Tip- Its very important that the hair by the nape of the neck is tight
- Spray down all of the fly-a-ways with hairspray and push on the ponytail to adjust the volume to your liking
IT’S THAT SIMPLE, & YOU ARE READY TO GO!
To mark the release of the Hunger Games: Catching Fire, TheBeautyPlace.com has recreated an outfit that is straight from the movie sequel worn by actress, Jennifer Lawrence who is always flaunting her natural beauty. We paired together a leather jacket with a v-neck t-shirt, adding a cowl scarf for that finishing touch. Jennifer Lawrence, who plays the role of Katniss, carries a sense of elegance with her hardcore ways. To get her look, we have included a bronzer, a light mineral blush, a highlighter, and a very light lipstick. The cosmetics we have chosen are all very light and subtle, just as Katniss appears. Jennifer Lawrence rocks a very natural look but still looks gorgeous as she fights her battles!
Turn up the volume this holiday season and don’t underestimate the power of a simple blow out enhanced with extra volume. A volumized blow out is always a fashionable statement that gives an elegant look. This look is perfect for any holiday party or event and can easily be done at home. Celebrities such as Kim Kardashian, Jennifer Aniston, Katie Holmes, Kate Middleton, and so many others rock this beautiful, yet simple hairstyle.
HOW TO GET THE LOOK
- After showering, blot hair with a towel or wrap hair in a hair towel. It’s easy to let hair air dry, but don’t, otherwise your hair will end up frizzy.
- Spray in a leave-in conditioner to protect hair from heat.
- Use a vent hair brush & position the brush under roots. Roll it up and away from your face, this will give an extra lift. Work your way from roots to end, eliminating moisture from your hair. Tip- Always hold the dryer nozzle down as you dry hair to help seal cuticles for extra shine.
- Tease the under section of the hair before smoothing out the top with a round hair brush for that added Oomph!
- Spray hair with a volumizing hairspray for extra hold and a hairstyle that will last.
Strut your stuff into that holiday event, you’re ready to go!
Start by applying 2 layers of your base color, we used OPI I Saw.. U Saw.. We Saw.. Warsaw… Next use a fine loose glitter and apply it to the nails with a makeup sponge starting at the tip and moving upwards. Let it sit for a minute then repeated the process. Finish your manicure by sealing your design with a top coat. There you have it our Holiday Ombre Nails!
With the holiday season just around the corner, here is an easy, chic hairstyle to try for any upcoming parties. The Top Knot is a fantastic quick style for the holidays that will keep hair off your face and works for all hair types. A Top Knot can easily become a super dressy statement and doesn’t take much effort. It’s an easy hairstyle for anyone with at least shoulder length hair. This hairstyle has been inspired by many celebrities including Julianne Hough, Amanda Seyfrid, Gwen Stefani, & Nicole Richie to name a few. The Top Knot will undoubtedly add an element of elegance to your look, day or night.
HOW TO GET THE LOOK
- Start by blow-drying damp hair with a smoothing lotion or styling cream like Tigi After Party Smoothing Cream. Use a paddle brush to add shine and create a smooth finish.
- Gather your hair together and tie it in a high ponytail. It might be easier to flip your head over to create the ponytail so you can get it nice and high. For a smooth look, make sure there are no bumps or tangles. Be sure your ponytail is secured with a strong elastic. Tip: Placement is key — it should sit flat on the top of the head
- Lightly twist the ponytail and wrap it around the elastic to create the bun. Secure the top knot in place with hair pins.
- Finish the look by misting a shine spray to leave a smooth polished look.
Voila, ready to go! This is a great look for the holiday party hostess or the party attendee!