The reality TV show, Jersey Shore has quickly popularized the ‘Poof,’ a big hairdo worn by one of its cast members, Nicole Polizzi. Before becoming one of the Jersey Shore girls, all she heard was “why are you wearing that,’ in reference to her trademark hairstyle.
Now, thanks to the hit MTV show, the “Snooki” is being requested at salons making the big hairdo a trendy hairstyle.
Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi prefers to style her long black hair in what she calls a “poof.”
According to Snooki, the thickness of her hair allows her to create a poof fairly easily and quickly. But if you don’t have Snookie-like locks, she recommends you ‘tease the sh*t out of it’ followed by some more teasing or back-combing. One of Snooki’s hairstyle tip to perfecting the Poof is to make sure your hair is straight as it makes for a smoother look.
Quick How-To on The Snooki Poof:
- If your hair is wavy or curly, begin by flattening your locks into smooth straight strands with a flat iron. Although wavy and curly has a voluminous advantage, it is more prone to damage during the teasing process.
- Separate the front section of your hair and brush it well. As contradicting as it sounds, its important to untangle your hair before backcombing it.
- Tease the front section of hair.
- Hairspray the poof with CHI Helmet Head Hair Spray.
- Clip it at the back and you’re done.
Visit these links to MTV video clips of Snooki demonstrating how its done: