NIOXIN® represents a line of scalp therapy and hair styling products used for thinning hair. There are no single active product ingredients in NIOXIN® products. Each NIOXIN system product has its own complexes. NIOXIN® products are created using all-natural ingredients including soothing essential oils, special antioxidants, enzymatic complexes and vitamins. All NIOXIN system product ingredients are safe and approved by the Personal Care Products Council. Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLS) is not a harmful ingredient and is approved by the Food and Drug Administration for use in cosmetics. NIOXIN® uses synthetic fragrances and essential oils where appropriate.
A couple of the NIOXIN products contain alcohol. Though we try to avoid the use of alcohol in NIOXIN system products, it is an ingredient found only in products in which it is necessary for product function.
Some of the NIOXIN system product ingredients include:
- Dehydrolyzed mucopoloysaccharides
- Ginseng extract
- Saw palmetto extract
- Superoxide dismutase
- Natural herbs and botanicals
- Coconut and Soy
- Hydrolyzed Vegetable protein
- Hydrolyzed Keratin
- “PVP” or Polyvinylpyrolidone
- Phenyalanine (as a conditioning agent)
- Serenoa Serrulata (The Follicle Booster® contains significantly more than the Cleanser)
- Specially formulated NIOXIN® complexes
Ingredients in specific NIOXIN products:
The NIOXIN Cleansers contain Cocamidopropyl Betaine.
The NIOXIN Systems 5 – 8 contain Kukui Nut oil.
NIOXIN Systems 2, 4, 6 and 8 contain Algae Extract.
NIOXIN® Scalp Therapy System 1 contains walnut leaf extract.
The Glyco Color Shield™ Complex has botanicals that benefit chemically enhanced hair:
• Fennel Seed Extract – color protection
• Green Tea Extract – anti-oxidant; removes chemical residue
• Wasabi Extract – soothes scalp; removes chemical residues
• Grape Seed Extract – moisture and sun protection