After the craze that developed for MTV’s Jersey Shore, a show that revolves around the daily lives of a group of guidos and guidettes, a lot of people want to know about the tremendous maintenance processes that each of the cast members undergo. Pauly D., known for his perfect, rock-hard blowout hairstyle, gave Daily News a step-by-step how to tutorial on attaining his impeccable ‘do. It takes him about 25 minutes to perfect before he walks out the door any given day. Of course, the first important step to the Blowout hair tutorial is to have a blowout haircut. You also need to make sure you have the necessary hair products – and a lot of them! Follow these blowout hair tutorial steps for the hairstyle.
- Begin with clean, wet hair.
- Blow dry it for “high volume” for about 10 minutes (Bio Ionic Powerlight Pro Dryer)
- Finish up the drying process by carefully going around lifting the hair with a plastic styling brush for about 5 minutes.
- Use Joico’s Ice Spiker, water-resistant styling glue that promises a “cement finish”. Pauly D. insists Ice Spiker is the only hair product he will ever use for this hairstyle. “It’s like Elmer’s glue. It’s got the strongest hold. There’s nothing else on the market like it,” he says.
- Carefully apply the gel around the edges of the blowout hair in an upward direction. Rub in the white left behind by the product, but do not be overly concerned with getting rid of all the white.
- Finish the hairstyle by spraying Got2b’s Glued Spiking Freeze spray all around the sides and the top of the blowout hair.
- Finally, blow dry all around the blowout hairstyle while using your fingers to touch up the spikes.