Modern French Twists are everywhere you look lately. If you saw the 2011 Golden Globes, you saw dozens of modern French twists. Natalie Portman, Mila Kunis, Eva Longoria and Carrie Underwood were just a few stars wearing the trendy up-do. Get in the know of how to create the sophisticated, elegant look.
– Start by spraying a finishing spray, such as the Bain de Terre Infinite Hold Firm Finishing Spray $8.99, on damp hair.
– Blow dry hair a bit, just to add body.
– Separate the top half of hair from the rest and apply TIGI Catwalk Your Highness Root Boost, $11.95, for extra lift at the crown.
– Blow-dry the top section.
– Add waves and texture to the top, blow-dried section using a large barreled curling iron like the CHI Turbo Digital Ceramic Spring Curling Iron 1 1/2″, $98.95.
– Pull back the bottom section of hair tightly and gather as if to make a low ponytail without securing it.
– Twist the ponytail upward, beginning at the nape of the neck.
– Insert pins in a crisscross pattern along the twist up to the top section of the hair.
– Brush out the curls on top section and tease at the root.
– Brush top section back and tuck under the French twist. Pin securely.
– Set the French twist with a strong hairspray like TIGI Catwalk Your Highness Firm Hold Hairspray, $14.95.
– To create a softer look, gently loosen strands of hair around the ears and hairline.
Any thoughts or comments you’d like to share on the Modern French Twist? Please share on our comments!