Here in TheBeautyPlace.com offices, we are always gossiping about our favorite looks, and love to spend our lunch hours huddled around the glossy magazines. What we have noticed is that this winter a new hairstyle is making waves on the catwalk – Christian Dior, Diesel and Zac Posen all featured models sporting tumbling, wavy tendrils.
Lisa Snowdon, Cheryl Cole and Kate Moss have also all recently sported the wavy look of late. But just because it is a high-fashion look, doesn’t mean you can’t make it work at home. Thanks to innovative wave tongs, the hairstyle is easily achievable at home. This ingenious heated styling tool has been used by stylists for years, but only recently hit the consumer market.
To draw gasps this festive season get practicing now for the ultimate in amazingly glamorous party hair.
HOW TO GET THE LOOK
- Ensure hair is clean and dry or the style won’t hold.
- Apply a thermal protection product to your hair, such as CHI 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protection.
- Start from underneath, separating a 2in wide handful of hair and clamp between the tongs–we like the CHI Auto Digital Ceramic Waver –for a few seconds.
- Hold tongs for a few seconds longer and harder for tighter waves or less and looser for a more natural finish.
- This look improves as waves loosen, so style early.
- To ensure waves hold, spray hair liberally with hair spray. We love CHI Enviro Flex Hold Hair Spray.
- Effects can last a few days but just wash your hair or wet it if you are feeling “waved-out.”