- Paint your nails with your polish of choice. (Road House Blues is the one featured here.)
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. (The big pot is not necessary – pasta was cooked shortly after.)
- While waiting for the water to boil, paint your second coat (or third).
- Put your hand over the steam for about 4 seconds. Careful! not to close! (Please note: If you are younger than 18 years old, ask for permission and parental supervision.)
- There you go – matte nails!
P.S. If you would like to mimic a french manicure, line the tips with clear polish.