The only thing more fun than buying a new cosmetic is buying a new cosmetic that can be used in more than one way! Use your favorite shade of lipstick as blush by applying a small amount to your pointer finger. Rub it together with your thumb to warm it up then apply it in circular motions to your cheeks. Be careful not to apply too much. A small dab will give you the perfect hue!
It’s contest time! Look for a Rapid Lash product hidden on www.TheBeautyPlace.com with a golden tab on the corner. Copy the link of this page directly from your browser and paste it in the comments below. Each person who pastes it will automatically be entered into a drawing to win the item for FREE! You have until the end of today. Happy searching!
One of my personal favorite products is Bliss, Fat Girl Slim’s skin firming cream. It truly reduces cellulite and I can’t imagine life without it! A lot of women are reluctant to try this however, and that’s totally understandable. This is the recipe for my favorite at home cellulite scrub using items that you already have in your pantry!
Rub a thin layer of olive oil into the areas you want to target. Then combine equal parts coffee grinds and brown sugar and rub them on top of the olive oil. Use circular motions with the pads of your fingers. Then rinse!
Simple as that. Repeat as needed. It won’t be as effective as the scrub, but caffeine stimulates the pores enough to sell you on snagging your own tub of Fat Girl Slim!
Avocado has the ability to make you beautiful in more ways than just being a great at home sunburn remedy! Here are 4 reasons why you should pick up a few of these remarkable fruits on your next trip to the grocery!
1. They’re great for your skin: both eating them and applying them directly to your skin are beneficial. They’re rich in Vitamin A which gives you essential fats and helps keep your skin moisturized and glowing when consumed. Avocado oils are used in natural moisturizers and there are many masks that call for an avocado base to soften your face!
2. They reduce wrinkles: Avocado has anti aging properties! They’re loaded with antioxidants that prevent wrinkles!
3. They make your hair shine too: those same vitamins are great for your hair giving you gorgeous shiny locks!
4. Weight loss: Avocados are a dieter’s best friend! While they aren’t a low calorie or low fat food, they’re a very healthy snack and a fruit with a high protein and low sugar content. They’re a great addition to any salad or sandwich that will keep you fuller longer and more satisfied. They’re one of those “good fats” or monounsaturated fats.
Planning on taking a Fake-Cation this Summer? Here’s how to look like you spent the last few days relaxing on a lounge chair in Turks & Caicos when you really were stuck in your cubicle!
1. Apply all over loose foundation for light coverage.
2. Lightly brush the spots that the sun would hit naturally hit your face with bronzer. These spots would be across your forehead, down your nose and on your cheeks just beneath your eyes. Think about the spots that burn first when you’re really in the sun!
3. Top off with a little pink blush on the cheeks to get a really “flushed” look.
Be prepared for some jealous stares!
As much as we preach about skincare & sun protection, we know some of you beauties will still show up to work on Monday morning with a wicked sunburn! This may seem like a Mediterranean recipe, but it isn’t. Combine 1/2 an avocado peeled & pitted with 3 tbsp olive oil. Mash it together and smooth it onto your burn. Let it sit for 15 minutes then rinse.
The avocado is a natural anti-inflammatory so you can skip the Advil, and it hydrates the skin too. The olive oil softens the sun damaged skin immediately upon contact. Both ingredients add essential oils back into your skin. Ahhhhhhh!
If you’re rocking the super hot, Summer bang look, you may be suffering from “disappearing eyelid syndrome”.
Depending on the weather, or how long it has been since your last cut, your bangs have the tendency to cover your done up eyelids, and you miss out on the chance to brighten them up.