The use of curling wands can be tricky. Depending where you hold it, vertical or horizontal position or how tightly you wrap your hair around the barrel and so on can change the look and feel of your curls at the end. To end this battle with yourself, follow our tutorial to get easy curls perfect for any occasion!
You will need:
- Paddle brush or comb
- Curling iron
- Shine mist
- Before you begin curling, make sure your hair is clean and dry.
- Prepare your hair by gently detangling it with a paddle brush or wide tooth comb.
- Horizontally part your hair starting at the temple and clip it out of place.
- Start with a vertical section of hair around an inch thick (the smaller the section the more curls you’ll have).
- Start wrapping your hair at the base of the barrel, and keeping a firm grip on your hair, wrap the entire section around the barrel without overlapping.
- Hold the tip of the section tightly around the barrel for a few seconds and release. The longer you keep your hair on the barrel the more defined your curls will be.
P.S. When you’re done with your whole head, don’t forget to run your fingers through your hair! This will give your curls a more natural look.
Spritz a shine mist to leave your hair smooth frizz-free.