It’s officially 2014! A new year brings new resolutions. Take this opportunity to make this year a beautiful one, and yourself too. Simple and realistic, let us help you make 2014 your year!
Here’s our list of resolutions that are good for your beauty and health.
- Drink more H20. Water will flush toxins from your body, help you lose weight and improve your skin. Drinking water will also help with your joints, hair, nails, muscles and it’s great for your heart!
- Clean your makeup brushes weekly, since build-up can lead to breakouts or infections.
- Clean your cell phone. Did you know that it contains more germs per square inch than a public restroom toilet? That’s like laying your cheek against the seat in a public bathroom. Ick. Use rubbing alcohol and a cotton ball to disinfect.
- Get rid of your mascara every six months — it’s a breeding ground for bacteria! If you notice a change in smell, throw it out sooner.
- Start using an eye cream. It’s never too early or too late to fight fine lines and wrinkles!
- Toss your pillowcases in the wash every week, especially in the summer. They house sweat and oils from your face and hair, which can lead to breakouts.
- Quit smoking. While this isn’t always an easy task, there’s nothing beautiful about its side effects and there will be a drastic improvement in most cases.
- Work out at least three times a week for a naturally glowing complexion and of course, a hot bod!
- Begin and maintain a skin-care regimen. The first step is cleansing your face. Remember to ALWAYS wash your face to remove makeup and dirt at the end of the day.
- Start using a balancing toner. Balanced skin is happy skin and happy skin is healthy skin.
- Change your moisturizer to one that has an SPF. Already use one? Use a heavier moisturizer in the winter to protect your skin.
- To avoid breakage, don’t comb your hair immediately after you shower. Instead, wrap it in a towel and let it dry that way for 10 minutes. Then, using a wide-tooth comb, start combing from your ends up to your roots in 2-inch sections.
- When moisturizing your face, don’t just stop at your chin. Apply your skin-care products to both your face and neck for optimal results.
Now that we’ve rung in the New Year, start implementing these beauty resolutions today!