The key to a perfect shave can be argued to be the razor, the pre-shave oil, the amount of times, the type of shaving product – anything.
Let’s focus on the product you use. Many men experience irritation from the ingredients found in shaving creams especially those that are alcohol-based.
You will need:
- 3 TBSP Coconut Oil
- 2 TBSP Sweet Almond Oil (olive oil can serve as a substitute
- 4 TBSP Raw Shea Butter
- 6-10 drops of essential oil (citrus or peppermint can help to awaken the senses)
Step 1: Use the double-broiler to melt the shea butter and coconut oil at the lowest heat setting. Stir occasionally.
Step 2: Once completed, remove from heat. In a bowl, add the almond oil and essential oils. Stir to combine completely.
Step 3: Put bowl In the refrigerator and allow the mix to harden.
Step 4: After it hardens, use a mixer (electric or hand held) to whip until the mixture has the consistency of frosting.
Step 5: Let it sit and transfer to an airtight container.
P.S. If you have these skin types, use the following type of shaving product:
- Sensitive or dry skin – pick shaving gels as they are more hydrating than the creams
- Oily skin – pick shaving creams for the rich, protective lather
- Normal skin – any works but look for moisturizing ingredients (like glycerin)
Stay tuned for more posts in honor of Men’s Week at TheBeautyPlace.com!
FOR MORE BEAUTY TIPS AND INFORMATION, VISIT BLOG.THEBEAUTYPLACE.COM. INTERESTED IN HAIR CARE AND SKIN CARE PRODUCTS? THEN HEAD TO THEBEAUTYPLACE.COM FOR AFFORDABLE PRICES ON TOP BRANDS.