On Sunday, March 2nd, 2014, the Oscars Academy Awards presented to us shining moments in speeches, skits, performances and beauty looks.
There were so many great looks in style, hair and makeup that it was hard to choose just one.
Lupita Nyong’o is the winner!
With her flawless, baby blue Prada gown and the movie star, fresh makeup look – Lupita owned the Oscars 2014.
Her makeup artist, Nick Barose, stated he was inspired by Elizabeth Taylor and it shows – strong eyebrows and blush and lipstick tones that were soft in hue on Lupita’s skin.
Barose used Chanel products to complete the look.
Here’s how we recreated it!
For the bold eyebrows, Barose used Chanel Crayon Sourcils Sculpting Eyebrow Pencil. He didn’t want to overdo it and rightly so! We would use TIGI Cosmetics Brow Pencil.
- Fill in your eyebrows with thin strokes. You want to enhance them while maintaining a natural look.
- Use the brush application to help blend the color and comb the brow hairs.
Barose focused on durability preparing for tears of joy – we hope! Using waterproof mascara and liquid eyeliner, it was still subtle. He also used an eye shadow palette that had light pink, beige, black and silver hues.
- Mix the shades of pink, beige, silver and black on your eye lid using e.l.f. Baked Eyeshadow Palette. Don’t layer too much eyeshadow!
- Add definition with a thin line using the liquid eyeliner. TIGI Cosmetics Patent Liquid Liner is smudge proof for durability.
- Use a waterproof mascara.
Barose used orange lipstick and orange blush. On Lupita’s skin, the orange is subtle and gives a great glow!
DRESS AND ACCESSORIES:
Her accessories were kept simple. Try using a thin headband as well!
Nordstrom’s Skinny Crystal Neon Headband will add just the touch,
For the dress, we loved this Forever 21 maxi dress. The deep v neckline is not as plunging as in the prada gown but the open back shows the right amount of skin.
What did you think of Lupita’s look? Did you try this out? Share and tag us!
FOR MORE BEAUTY TIPS AND INFORMATION, VISIT BLOG.THEBEAUTYPLACE.COM. INTERESTED IN HAIR CARE AND SKIN CARE PRODUCTS? THEN HEAD TO THEBEAUTYPLACE.COM FOR AFFORDABLE PRICES ON TOP BRANDS.