Coconut oil has many health and beauty benefits.
It is part of many diets and fitness plans as an alternative to butter for cooking and as a supplement for daily energy. To be specific one to two tablespoons a day is beneficial but as with all, don’t overdo it!
For your beauty needs, we suggest organic coconut oil. If you will be putting these uses to the test, organic coconut oil will ensure that you are not absorbing any toxins through your skin.
Let’s begin with the skin benefits this natural moisturizer provides!
- Used as a lotion: Coconut oil is safe for application on your entire body. Focus on your knees, heels and elbows!
- Eye-makeup remover: Be sure to wash your face afterwards as well with your favorite cleanser.
- Prevents stretch marks during pregnancy: We suggest applying it daily during your pregnancy.
- Nighttime facial moisturizer: Use a small amount and be sure to wash off in the morning.
- Natural shaving cream and after shave lotion: It’s a shaving cream and moisturizer all in one!
- Cuticle cream
- Clear cold sores (We were surprised too!)
- Use it as a bath oil: Use ½ a cup in your warm bath water to soak in. It will help seal in moisture but will make your bathtub slipper so be careful!
Coconut oil is also great for maintaining your hair healthy and frizz-free.
- Use it as a serum: Coconut oil can be applied to your ends and worked through your hair to prevent flyaways.
- Stimulate hair growth: Massage into your scalp small amounts of coconut oil daily to help stimulate hair growth.
- Remove lice: If you have young kids, you know the struggle there is to maintain them lice-free. Rinse the hair with apple cider vinegar but don’t shampoo or condition. Let the hair dry. Apply coconut oil on the hair – the idea is for the hair to be completely cloaked in it. Apply a shower cap and wait. You want the lice to be smothered so make it a game for your kids to keep the shower cap on!
Let us know if you have any suggestions as well! Did you try any of these out? Do you have any modifications? We want to know!