From afros and blunt bangs to headbands and boho braids, 70’s inspired hair is top on our Halloween list. Taking cue from the Disco Days, this fun and flirty look is achievable with big false lashes, winged eyeliner, nude lips, peachy bronzed blush and most importantly – big bold hair.
Blow out your hair to the max, curl it, then brush it out. Finish the look with gold hoop earrings and a printed jumpsuit.
- Start with clean, blow dried hair.
- Prep the hair with a light-hold styling mousse so you get a little extra support + hold from the inside when you set it.
- Take a section as seen above and clip it up. Create sections then curl.
- The more room there is between your scalp + pin, the less volume it will create.
- Once you get to the very end, give it a mist of light holding hairspray or thermal styling spray. (Don’t worry if little pieces fall out! There will be so much texture, you won’t really notice those.)
- Your iron should be on medium, not high. Start at the bottom and curl the end piece first. That will keep the hair from unraveling. Work your way up to the base. Don’t let the hair get too hot. I like to do it on 300 degrees Fahrenheit and only clamp the flat iron for 5 seconds at a time.
- Once you finish your entire head let it cool then brush with a big paddle brush until you reach your frizziest potential. Give it a good spray and you’re done!