Knowing how to take your makeup look from day to night is crucial for busy girls, specially now during the Holidays that we have a bunch of activities on our agenda. Here we show you 5 essential –and very easy – tips on how to make this transition for a look that never goes out of style.
- Add some drama to the face. A few simple steps are all you need and a dramatic, chiseled cheekbones is a quick and easy way to transition your look from day to night. Darken your contouring makeup for a more dramatic, evening effect. The Youngblood Lunar Dust – Sunset ($21.99) can be very helpful with this! This product is a unique, light-reflecting Mineral Dusting Powder that is used to create a luminous lunar body glow and sun kissed shimmer.
- Apply some eye shadow: This is the most important step to change your look from day to night. It is crucial that you use a palette with dark colors like the bareMinerals READY Eyeshadow 8.0 ($37.99) You can play up the eyes with a quick 5-minute Smokey eye by apply transition color in the crease, deepen crease with darker eye shadow shade, press dark shadow on center of eyelid & blend, last but not least, blend eye shadow along lower lash line.
- Eyeliner: Sometimes—especially when you’re fighting the clock—good eyeliner can make all the difference in upgrading your daytime look. Sweep thin or thick black liner along lash line and viola! The Tigi Cosmetics Perfect Eyeliner ($12.99) will be your best ally on this.
Hang up. You’re almost done!
4. This is probably the most important step; the lipstick! Turn that nude or light-pink glossy lip into something dark and bold. In case that you only have 5 minutes to do “the magic” this is the only step you should consider. Go for matte or glosses, both are now super trendy, it just depends on your mood and personality! Just make sure it is a dark color like the Glo Minerals Lipstick ($12.99) “Cabaret Lipstick” or “Spiced Rum Lipstick” to change your look automatically.
- Some highlight is always right. We all know that nothing says nighttime more than a touch of glow. Don’t know which one to buy? We got you! The Jane Iredale In Touch Highlighter – Complete ($20.99) illuminates skin and adds a soft glow. Just apply some to the tops of cheekbones, brow bones, and nose bridge.
By now, you know what to do in order to quickly and easily to refresh your makeup, and look a bit more glam if five easy steps. Changing your make up from day to night, won’t be a problem any more! Now you’re ready to go from the office, to a girls night out!