CC by Dan4th
Whether you have been a follower of our blog for a while or you’re new and have done a quick browse-around, you have probably seen us mention Nioxin hair loss products. Recently, we added one of Nioxin’s popular competitors: Bosley. Bosley is probably a more recognized hair loss brand, as its had commercials and infomercials on television for years. For all of you Nioxin fans who are curious to know some more about Bosley, this blog post is for you. 🙂
Similar to Nioxin, Bosley consists of 3-part systems: Shampoo, Conditioner and Treatment. You can purchase any of the system items individually or all together in the Starter Packs.
There are four different 3-part systems:
- BOSDefense for Normal to Fine, Non Color-Treated Hair
- BOSDefense for Normal to Fine, Color-Treated Hair
- BOSRevive for Visibly Thinning, Non Color-Treated Hair
- BOSRevive for Visibly Thinning, Color-Treated Hair
Bosley also offers hair styling products like gel, mousse and hairspray.
If you’re a Nioxin user looking to make a smooth transition to Bosley, following is a list of Nioxin and Bosley’s comparable items:
|If You Use Nioxin:
|System 1 or 5
||BOSDefense for Non Color-Treated Hair
|System 3 or 7
||BOSDefense for Color-Treated Hair
System 2 or 6
BOSRevive for Non Color-Treated Hair
|System 4 or 8
||BOSRevive for Color-Treated Hair
Good luck. Please comment to share your experience with Bosley!
Check out this press release about Nioxin and how it helps women dealing with hair loss. Click on the image of the Press Release below to see the actual article.
Nioxin Press Release
Win a trial-size Nioxin Cleanser and Nioxin Scalp Therapy System 3. System 3 is for chemically-treated, normal to thin-looking hair. If hairloss is something you struggle with, you have probably heard of Nioxin before. It is a respected hair loss brand that has helped many people dealing with hair thinning or hair loss. If you want to try it out before you invest, this is your perfect opportunity. The samples come in 1.7 Fl Oz. To win, follow us on Twitter or our Facebook Fanpage.
If you are following on Twitter: You will be automatically entered to win when you tweet: @TheBeautyPlace Gimme-Gimme.
If you are following on Facebook: Post Gimme-Gimme on our wall.
The contest will close on May 6th, 2010 at 11:59PM and the winner will be announced on May 7th. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me here.
CC by Emery Co Photo
Ahhh, the joys of pregnancy. It’s a beautiful time – which comes with some not-so-beautiful side effects. Pregnancy causes the body to go through major changes including weight gain, changes in breasts and the occurrence of stretch marks. Unfortunately, there are many changes that women don’t know to expect because they are not talked about. Many of these pregnancy side effects tend to reverse on their own after your hormones stabilize a few months following delivery. If they don’t disappear naturally, there are solutions to correct them.
Dry, itchy skin is common during pregnancy due to the elevated estrogen levels and stretched skin. Areas most prone to dry, itchy skin during pregnancy include the stomach, legs, breasts, palms of your hands and the soles of your feet. Along with itching, some pregnant women will also experience red, pimple-like bumps known as pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy (PUPPP).
Solution: First, try not to scratch. Avoid hot baths; though they may feel good at the moment, they dry your skin even further. Moisturize with ointments or creams (StiVectin-SD Intensive Stretch Mark Cream or MD Skincare Hydra-Pure Firming Body Cream) as much as possible. Ointments and creams moisturize more effectively than lotions. If you still can’t find relief, ask your doctor about a topical anti-itch cream.
While you’re pregnant, your hair may get thicker and grow quickly because the increase in hormones prevents hair from shedding. Your hair normally resumes its normal growth pattern once your hormones balance out, which normally takes about three to six months. At this point, the hair that didn’t shed during pregnancy will probably fall out, making it seem as if you are losing large quantities of hair.
Solution: Try not to wear your hair in tight braids or ponytails, which will cause breakage. Make your diet rich in fruits, vegetables and protein, which are essential for healthy hair. You can also use hair growth-stimulating products, such as CHI Power Hair Loss kits or Nioxin hair products, to speed up the process.
Our scalp is a part of our skin that we often ignore, but it needs some tender love and care in order for us to maintain strong and healthy hair. Just as with the skin on our face, everyday toxins, such as chlorine, sunlight and UV rays, may threaten the quality of the scalp, thus resulting in cell-aging, which thickens the scalp and leads to the aggravation of thinning hair.
The average shampoos, conditioners and styling hair products aim solely to clean, condition and style hair but many contain damaging alcohols and PVP film formers which may clog the follicles and worsen thinning hair. The Nioxin Research Labs developed the most advanced, natural-based hair loss treatment system. Nioxin’s hair loss treatment shampoos aim to inhibit DHT, which is one of the hormones most blamed for hair loss.
After a 3-question assessment, Nioxin matches you with a tailored hair loss treatment Nioxin system for your specific scalp or hair concerns, maximizing your results. The eight different Nioxin Systems are geared toward different kinds of hair ranging from coarse to chemically treated manes. Each of the eight different hair loss treatment Nioxin systems comes with the NIOXIN Cleanser, NIOXIN Scalp Therapy and NIOXIN Scalp Treatment. If you are struggling with thinning hair, find your perfect Nioxin Hair Care System and give it a try.
Following are the eight different Nioxin Systems:
- Nioxin System 1 – For Fine, Natural, Normal to Thin-Looking Hair
- Nioxin System 2 – For Fine, Natural, Noticeably Thinning Hair
- Nioxin System 3 – For Fine, Chemically Enhanced, Normal to Thin-Looking Hair
- Nioxin System 4 – For Fine, Chemically Enhanced, Noticeably Thinning Hair
- Nioxin System 5 – For Medium/Coarse, Natural, Normal to Thin-Looking Hair
- Nioxin System 6 – For Medium/Coarse, Natural, Noticeably Thinning Hair
- Nioxin System 7 – For Medium/Coarse, Chemically Enhanced, Normal to Thin-Looking Hair
- Nioxin System 8 – For Medium/Coarse, Chemically Enhanced, Noticeably Thinning Hair
For more information visit: www.thebeautyplace.com
Nioxin makes shampoo for thinning hair for men and women. Divided into 8 systems, NIOXIN shampoos are developed to meet the needs of different hair types and different stages of hair loss.
Choosing the Right Shampoo starts by answering these 3 short questions:
- Do you have thin hair or medium to course hair?
- Have you Chemically treated your hair?
- Are you beginning to notice hair loss or is it noticeably thinning (receding hair line, scalp shows through hair)?
Systems 1 to 4 are for thin hair, while systems 5 to 8 are for medium to course hair.
Shampoos for Thin Hair:
- System 1: Thin, non-chemically treated hair in beginning stages of hair loss.
- System 2: Thin, non-chemically treated and noticeably-thinning hair.
- System 3: Thin, chemically treated hair in beginning stages of hair loss.
- System 4: Thin, chemically treated and noticeably thinning hair.
Shampoos for Medium to Course Hair:
- System 1: Medium/Course, non-chemically treated hair in beginning stages of hair loss.
- System 2: Medium/Course, non-chemically treated and noticeably-thinning hair.
- System 3: Medium/Course, chemically treated hair in beginning stages of hair loss.
- System 4: Medium/Course, chemically treated and noticeably thinning hair.
Thinning hair Nioxin shampoos are available individually and as part of starter kits that include a scalp therapy (conditioner) and scalp treatment in addition to the cleanser (shampoo).