MEET THE INGREDIENTS
MEET THE INGREDIENTS
When we think of our ideal sleeping environment, we picture a soft down comforter, an array of fluffy pillows, and perhaps some soothing flute music to lull us to sleep. Nowhere in this scenario does sopping wet hair make an appearance—but in real life, it just might. If you shower at night and are sick of blow-drying before bed, there’s hope yet. Here’s some advice on how to sleep on damp strands and wake up with beachy waves.
Start by flipping your head upside down—it dries faster this way—and blasting it with a hairdryer until it’s damp, not wet. Then, twist your hair into four loose buns (secured with scrunchies, of course), and call it a night. (A single bun will give you a looser wave.) Or, if you want more of a rock ‘n roll look, you can braid instead of twist you hair. We recommend a loose French braid, starting just behind the front layers of your head.
Whatever you do, remember to keep it loose and messy. “Your inability to make a perfect braid or perfect curl is working in your favor when you’re styling before bed. It’s what makes the final outcome look cool—don’t worry about making it look fancy or perfect.
Whether you’re gearing up for a party or just looking to switch up your hair look, a chignon is an easy way to look pretty and polished. Amp up the classic updo with this chic twist!
#GETTHELOOK Low chignon
1. Gather your hair as you would if you were making a half-pony, with 2/3 of your hair in the ponytail. Clip this top section away.
2. Twist the remaining bottom section of hair (section 3) into a bun and secure in place with bobby pins. For a fuller appearance, tease this section and give a spritz of texturizing spray (we love Blo Pro Beach Blow Texturizing Mist) before creating the bun shape.
3. Unclip the top section of your hair and divide it in half, split diagonally down the middle from left to right.
4. Taking the right section (section 2), wrap it over and around the bun in a counterclockwise direction and pin it in place. Repeat this step with the section 1, crossing it over the bun in a clockwise direction and pinning it in place.
Finish with a strong-hold hairspray like TIGI S Factor Vivacious Hairspray to set everything in place. If you have any tendrils left in the front, use a 1-inch barrel curling iron to create pretty, face-framing curls.
And there you have it – a simple, chic and elegant chignon you can wear on the daily or save for special occasions.
Ultimately, your mood determines which nail polish color you choose. Are you feeling feminine, a sheer nude with a hint of pink like OPI Samoan Sand or bold like a vibrant yellow or pink? According to many studies, a person’s attraction to particular shades can speak volumes about their personality. Where do you fall?
If you always wear black nail polish, you are…
A beautifully painted black manicure is extremely chic. Having said that most women wearing a black mani are creative types that think out of the box — and a little bit of a rebel. It takes a lot of confidence to wear a black manicure, and for most women that do wear one, it’s their signature look.
Polish Picks: OPI Black Onyx
If you sport neon nail colors, you are…
Bright colors are an awesome visual for anyone wearing them. You have no choice but to get your energy up and get going!
Polish Picks: OPI I’m India Mood For Love
If you are into pretty pastels, you are…
Soft colors like pale pinks, creamy beiges and even variations of bright colors like a soft yellow or coral can definitely add to a relaxed state.
Polish Picks: OPI Mod About You
If your go-to nail polish is orange, you are…
Shades that would be ballsy or impulsive are a bright pop of orange, an opaque baby blue or a metallic green.
Polish Picks: OPI Tazmanian Devil Made Me Do it
If your nails are painted in a rich wine shade, you are…
Sexy, sultry for me is always a dark burgundy nail. It’s a modern classic.
Polish Picks: OPI Midnight in Moscow
If you prefer a clean white mani, you are…
A solid white manicure is fresh and very chic. It works on all ages and lends an element of youth to anyone wearing it.
Polish Picks: OPI Ridge Filler
If you like to mix it up with neutral and bright colors, you are…
If your go-to manicure right now is a beige nail with a pop of metallic, bright or neon color on the tips you’re happy! You can even switch it up by putting a different color on each tip. Play around with designs, too; you can do a chevron tip, a classic French, asymmetrical or even a row of dots. The possibilities are endless!
Polish Picks: OPI My Vampire is Buff
If your nails are always a fiery shade of red, you are…
I’d like to think there isn’t such a thing as an ‘angry’ manicure, but if I had to choose, I would venture to say a blood red manicure could be construed that way.
Polish Picks: OPI On Collins Avenue
Our Haute Halloween contest is now LIVE!
HOW TO ENTER
1. Become a follower on Instagram (@thebeautyplace)
2. Comment on the Instagram post for “Haute Halloween”
3. Tag @thebeautyplace in a photo sharing your favorite beauty product from TheBeautyPlace and how you plan to incorporate it into your “Haute Halloween” look
Contestants must enter by October 22nd, 2014 11:00AM Standard Eastern Time.
The winner will be announced after 12PM Standard Eastern Time on October 22nd, 2014.
CHI is one of the leading and most trusted brands in hair styling tools that can be found backstage for fashion shows, beauty shoots and are the trusty tools for stylists across the nation.
The CHI Auto Digital Ceramic Waver, a truly unique styling tool that gives the freedom to crimp, wave or curl hair with precision using a three-barrel, is this year’s Halloween giveaway.
Winner is responsible for contacting TheBeautyPlace.com with the shipping address to obtain the prize. Must redeem by October 24th, 2014 4:00PM Standard Eastern Time. No purchase is necessary to win. Valid for U.S. entries only.
Ever notice how glam your hair tends to look after a day spent by the ocean? Even if you can’t make it to the beach anytime soon, you can still get perfectly tousled waves, AKA “beach hair“, regardless of your hair type, and with very little effort!
Most people have some sort of natural wave to their hair anyway, and using texturizing products is a great way to bring them out. Blow Pro Beach Blow Texturzing Mist captured the very essence of bohemian beach waves. This natural weightless mist is a carefully constructed blend of marine extracts, Dead Sea salts and milk proteins. Never sticky or stiff, Blow Pro Beach Blow Texturzing Mist adds fullness and volume by strengthening and thickening the hair’s cuticle
Using Beach Blow texturizing mist to create beach waves is pretty simple. Onto wet or damp hair, spray on the ends of your hand and scrunch up to your roots. Either let it air dry or use a diffuser, and you’re good to go! Personally, I find that this method gives me even better second-day beach hair than right after it dries – just apply a little After Blo Finishing Spray and Weather Girl Anti Frizz to rejuvenate your waves.
Marine extracts and Dead Sea salts thicken, texturize and enliven hair without drying it out. Moisture is locked in to give a natural seaside sheen. Nourishing milk proteins add flexibility and luminosity with a soft matte finish.
What sets Blow Pro apart from the rest? Developed, tested and proven by the experts at Blow, New York’s premier blow dry bar, Blow Pro hair care is formulated with an exclusive pure protein blend that is nourishing yet weightless – delivering all the protection you need and the lasting style you want. Blow Pro products are also free of harsh sulfates, parabens & sodium chloride and are 100% keratin treatment compliant.
Making an appearance on the runways from Alexander Wang to Carolina Herrera, slick hair is having more than a moment at New York Fashion Week. Take cue straight from the spring 2015 collections and rock that sleek, always chic ponytail. Whether parted down the middle or groomed into a deep side sweep, its perfect for day or night.
When it comes to mastering a highly-gloss, rigorously perfect ponytail, a comb is essential. Celebrity stylists recommend using a mousse starting at the roots to give the hair shape and weight, and go through it with a comb—not a brush—to guide the direction of your hair.
The right cut can make all the difference. Men and women have many different ways in which to give their appearance a much needed boost. Just as there is a right shade of foundation for your skin or a certain style of watch that matches your suit, there is a cut for every face shape.
We typically follow the celebrity trends. What is trending amongst celebrities serves as inspiration for our next look or hairstyle. Yet, what we forget is that those styles are tailored to their face shape.
We did some research and found some helpful tips from the CEO of the Grooming Concierge, Craig the Barber. Thanks Craig!
First, note the different types of shapes. Men can have pear, triangular, oval, round and square faces.
Pear shaped faces are identified by the broad jaw line and narrow forehead. Round haircuts work best for this shape. Make sure the sides are equal in length to help balance the face.
Triangular faces can be quickly identified by the narrow chin. If you don’t want to have others focus on the wide hairline, keep your hair short.
Oval faces allow for more versatile cuts. Men with oval faces can try any hair cut and length because of the face’s symmetry.
Round faces benefit with haircuts and hair styles that have more length. With a round jaw line and sometimes a round hairline, longer hair aids in lengthening the face.
Square faces, like the oval faces, can work with any haircut. Typically, we suggest staying away from flattops (think Simon Cowell from American Idol), it will just make your face look more square.
Next on your list gentlemen: Find the perfect suit.
This Mother’s Day, give Mom something special.
We have released the 2014 Mother’s Day Gift Guide with skin care and hair care products she will adore.
On May 11th, many last minute shoppers will rush to drug stores for flowers, balloons and cards. By shopping ahead, you can make sure the mothers in your life receive a thoughtful and useful gift.
The suggested items and ideas are customer favorites and popular in the beauty market today.
1. Kits. The easiest way to learn what system works for your skin is to try the kits that brands provide for their products. With the emphasis on skin care, a kit that aids in undoing damage to the skin and resurface the youthful glow will be a winner for her.
2. Pearly Whites at Home. Teeth whitening procedures in the dentist office can be time consuming and costly. will give your Mom a bright, white smile while strengthening her teeth.
3. Convenience. The TIGI Pro Mini Flat Iron can smooth, curl or add waves to hair and is ideal for women with short hairstyles. Easily transportable, the mini flat iron is ideal for traveling.
4. Frame the Face. Tweezerman Brow Shaping Scissors and Brush is the perfect duo to achieve great eyebrows. Whether it is to maintain her recent eyebrow threading or wax, or to aid her own eyebrow shaping and definition, this set is the definition of quality.
5. Beautiful Skin. The Clarisonic Mia Sonic Cleansing System gently removes embedded dirt and oil to reveal healthier, clean, beautiful skin. The cleansing brush has proven to remove dirt and oil better than hands and allows the rest of her skin care products to be absorbed by the skin for better results.
6. Germ-Free Hair Styling. The CHI Nano Digital 3-Button Flat Iron is a ceramic hairstyling iron that eliminates bacteria on the appliance with Nano Silver Technology. With this gift, she will have shiny, silky hair quickly no matter the hair type.
For the complete gift guide, visit TheBeautyPlace.com’s Gift Guide section.
NOTE: This information first appeared in our Press Release released April 26, 2014 at 6:00AM via PRWEB.