Here at TheBeautyPlace.com we are committed to getting you the best beauty scoop, information and entertainment. On Friday, we began our three-day series on Celebrity Skincare Secrets and today we offer two more important steps to great-looking skin.
‘A good way to boost your skin’s circulation is to freeze some hydrating toner or floral water in an ice cube tray and pop one out to rub over the skin when you need an extra glow,’ advises Julia Hart, whose Shinso Natural Facelift has been described as the ultimate in skin rejuvenation. ‘Wrap muslin or cotton wool around the ice cube. The coldness will stimulate the circulation and reduce puffiness.’ Why not try the Peter Thomas Roth Conditioning Tonic.
Pssst: Shinso fans include Eva Longoria, Jennifer Aniston and Charlize Theron.
Peter Thomas Roth Conditioning Tonic
FEED YOUR FACE
‘Rescue parched skin with an at-home remedy mask,’ suggests Sarah Chapman, whose High Definition Facial is loved by Queen Rania of Jordan and actress Naomi Watts. ‘Use ingredients which contain nourishing vitamins, anti-oxidants, natural soothers and exfoliators. We like the Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Masque.
BEST TIP: DIY it! Honey is a natural moisturizer and milk, natural yogurt and bananas are perfect for nourishing and soothing the skin. Mix together to create a paste, gently rub over the skin and leave for 15 minutes to allow it to be absorbed.’
A ponytail doesn’t have to be boring. Case in point? Eva Longoria’s cute ‘do (below) that she wore to November 13th’s Style Awards in LA. Effortlessly chic but way too pretty for the gym. Simply put? We in the Beauty Place’s office love it. Here, our advice on how to make the look your own.
Eva Longoria at Sunday night's 2011 Hollywood Style Awards.
1. A deep side part.
A side part with a low pony is practical because it blends in wisps and flyaways, and is stylish because it looks soft, sexy and ultra feminine.
2. A side-slung tail.
Skew your low pony slightly to the side and let the tail fall in front of one shoulder. That way, you see more hair from the front for a look that’s almost like wearing your hair down.
3. Loose waves.
If your hair’s straight, rev up the curling iron–we like CHI 2 in 1 Digital Curling & Flat Iron–and add a few waves to your ponytail. A bouncy, wavy pony just looks so much sexier when you’re wearing it low and to the side like this.
Modern French Twists are everywhere you look lately. If you saw the 2011 Golden Globes, you saw dozens of modern French twists. Natalie Portman, Mila Kunis, Eva Longoria and Carrie Underwood were just a few stars wearing the trendy up-do. Get in the know of how to create the sophisticated, elegant look.
– Start by spraying a finishing spray, such as the Bain de Terre Infinite Hold Firm Finishing Spray $8.99, on damp hair.
– Blow dry hair a bit, just to add body.
– Separate the top half of hair from the rest and apply TIGI Catwalk Your Highness Root Boost, $11.95, for extra lift at the crown.
– Blow-dry the top section.
– Add waves and texture to the top, blow-dried section using a large barreled curling iron like the CHI Turbo Digital Ceramic Spring Curling Iron 1 1/2″, $98.95.
– Pull back the bottom section of hair tightly and gather as if to make a low ponytail without securing it.
– Twist the ponytail upward, beginning at the nape of the neck.
– Insert pins in a crisscross pattern along the twist up to the top section of the hair.
– Brush out the curls on top section and tease at the root.
– Brush top section back and tuck under the French twist. Pin securely.
– Set the French twist with a strong hairspray like TIGI Catwalk Your Highness Firm Hold Hairspray, $14.95.
– To create a softer look, gently loosen strands of hair around the ears and hairline.
Any thoughts or comments you’d like to share on the Modern French Twist? Please share on our comments!