Here in TheBeautyPlace.com offices, we refer to “frizz” as “the other ‘F’ word.” And, as our home-base is Miami, Florida, our hair succumbs to the not-so-positive effects of humid heat all too often.
So, we were slightly amused to hear that some of the world’s leading hairstylists (such as Orlando Pita and Guido) have taken on the mission of inviting women to embrace the fuzz by making it bigger and better than ever.
“Say what?!” We hear your cry? We KNOW! We reply. We couldn’t believe it either. But, having reviewed the runways we can tell you: it’s true.
And here, our essential five products for embracing–and rocking–the frizz.
- Thickening Lotion:Apply to damp hair to give body and texture. We recommend BioSilk Thickening Creme.
- Volumizing Mousse: Apply to damp hair to give hold. We like Big Sexy Root Pump Plus Volumizing Spray Mousse.
- Dry Shampoo or Texturizing Spray: Spray on dry hair until you get a chalky, powdery feeling and then tease. One of our faves is CHI Infra Texture Dual Action Hair Spray.
- Boar-and-Nylon Hairbrush: Adds volume and fluff when used for teasing. It’s also less damaging than a comb.
- Hairspray: Spritz your favorite hairspray (we like TIGI Catwalk Your Highness Firm Hold Hairspray) on a brush to help tame flyaways, or spray directly onto teased hair to help maintain height.