If you love nail art you have to master this simple and uber cute one! Step 1 – paint nails white. Step 2 – paint black triangular border. If you don’t have a steady hand, you can apply tiny triangles of painter’s tape on each nail. Step 3 – Add two black dots as buttons in the small point of the triangle. If you don’t have a dotting tool, use our at home dotting tool tutorial to create one. Step 4 – draw a small bow in the large end of the triangle. The best way to do this is with a dotting tool. Draw an x and then fill it in.
Now that we carry OPI’s Matte Top Coat, we are going crazy looking for matte manicure ideas! Not all of these photos of our own, but we’re determined to try ALL of them! The purchase of matte top coat is no brainer! It takes a regular manicure from drab to fab. These are some of our favorite ways to use it!
In recent months, we have seen Nail Art explode! Ladies of all ages are experimenting with nail art and some are toeing the line between trendy and tacky. We’ve asked our beauty experts to give us their personal rules so you’ll never have a question about choosing your nail art. As if the wall of lovely colors wasn’t enough of a decision!
1. Backpack (Where are you going to keep everything? Check the festival guidelines first though, you may have to get something smaller.)
2. Suncreen (Apply and reapply some more!)
3. Mirror (Quick teeth check, quick makeup check)
4. Lip Balm (Avoid chapped lips and select one with SPF protection)
5. Travalo (Small enough to take your favorite perfume with you.)
6. OPI Chip Skip (Who wants a chipped mani?)
7. Cheap Sunglasses (Protect your eyes but avoid having your Ray Bans trampled over.)
8. iPhone Case (This case is convenient to keep cash, ID and credit cards within your reach for emergencies.)
A couple of weeks ago we showed you how to do cheetah nails with a dotting tool. Well here we show you how to create your own if you don’t have time to go buy one!
Last week, before going to a friends party, I noticed my gel nails were chipping and even lifting up. I knew I had to take them off before they got ripped off but it was already to late to visit my manicurist (i will not go to anyone else) and i needed a quick fix. So I just remembered what she would do to me and tried it out. It work so I figured I would help all of you out that have this problem and need to fix it really fast.
You will need: Cotton Balls, pure acetone, aluminum foil (big enough to wrap around your fingers), nail file, nail buffer and a cuticle pusher (wood or metal whichever you prefer).
- FILE: I used a coarse nail file to scratch the surface. You don’t have to do this but its better to reduce the amount of time your finger is in acentone. You don’t have to go crazy, just enough so that the acetone can reach the polish.
- SOAK: Tear the cotton ball so you have enough to cover your nail. Soak them in acetone and lay them on the nail. Wrap your foil square around the finger and let it sit. I let mine stay on for about 5-7 minutes after I finished the last one on my first hand. Its better to do one hand at a time so you have mobility in your other hand. Trust me, I tried both at the same time and it was the longest 5-7 min of my life LOL!
- SCRAPE: Start scraping the gel nail off with your cuticle pusher. It should fall right off. If there’s some seems hard to remove, put it back in to soak longer. NOTE: When you take off the foil, don’t unwrap it, just pull it straight forward so it stays in the shape of your finger. That way if you need to soak longer you can easily reapply. It is always better to let it soak than to rip off the gel polish.
- BUFF: Once you’ve removed all the gel color, you’ll most likely see scratches or divits. Just wash your hands and take your buffer and buff that all away.
- POLISH: Once that’s done, go ahead and shape your nails and paint as usual or rock the natural look until you go get them redone.
Soaking your fingers in acetone leaves your hands a little dry. Go ahead and put some cuticle oil or some lotion on your hands. This is currently the best way to take off the gel polish. I hope this helps all of you 🙂