Put a layer of Vaseline around your cuticles before painting your nails at home. This acts as a shield for your skin so if you color a bit outside the lines, the nail polish won’t adhere to skin and can be wiped right off!
Gel manicures are a hands on girl’s best friend! They last far longer and keep your nails strong and less prone to breakage. The downside is that they can be costly, and your local salon may not have the color that you want in gel polish. Here is how to recreate a gel manicure in any color of nail polish you want!
Step 1: Apply two coats of Gelous Advanced Nail Gel Coat
Step 2: Apply one coat of the nail polish color you want to rock for the next couple weeks followed by another coat of Gelous.
Step 3: After allowing the coats from Step 1 & 2 to dry, apply another coat of the color polish & finish it off with top coat.
Your friends will be super “gelous”! (Was that too cheesy?)
FOR MORE BEAUTY TIPS AND INFORMATION, VISIT BLOG.THEBEAUTYPLACE.COM. INTERESTED IN HAIR CARE AND SKIN CARE PRODUCTS? THEN HEAD TO THEBEAUTYPLACE.COM FOR AFFORDABLE PRICES ON TOP BRANDS.
That’s right! I want you to literally feed your nails the nutrients they need to grow faster and stronger. The only thing worse than un-manicured hands are unattractive un-manicured hands! My mom always told me not to judge people by their nail beds, but I just can’t help it!
Follow these steps to keep your fingernails at their full potential:
1. What you eat: eating healthy foods that are rich in protein do good for more than just your body. They help your hair and nails grow stronger and prevent breakage. Try to add foods into your diet including avocados, salmon, and nuts.
2. Pamper them: it may make you feel like a diva, but you deserve it! Use gloves when washing dishes and cleaning up around the house. Cleaning supplies and dish soap break down your nails and make them weaker and prone to breaking. When you type away on any of the many keyboards you use, press with the pads of your fingers instead of the top of your nails. These tips will make your manicures last longer too!
3. Trim often: Some of us have trouble growing our nails so we let them grow in however they please and refuse to trim them. Those uneven edges end up snagging more often and you end up with broken nails that are shorter than they would have been if you just filed them down!
4. Moisturize: it is important to apply oils to your cuticles and nails. If you let them dry out, you’re even more prone to breakage. If you don’t have professional cuticle oil, you can always use some good old EVOO (extra virgin olive oil).
5. Apply a nail hardener: seems like a no brainer, but this clear, simple step is often skipped when manicuring. Lots of nail hardeners double as base or top coats, it is just a matter of preference, and guess what?! They actually work!
Now that we carry OPI’s Matte Top Coat, we are going crazy looking for matte manicure ideas! Not all of these photos of our own, but we’re determined to try ALL of them! The purchase of matte top coat is no brainer! It takes a regular manicure from drab to fab. These are some of our favorite ways to use it!