This may not look too appetizing, but hey, it isn’t meant to be eaten! Pour Splenda into a bowl – we don’t recommend eating Splenda, but it is softer than sugar and will be more gentle for your face’s tender skin. Use a strawberry to apply the sweetener to your face and scrub in a circular motion. Rinse and then apply yogurt in a thin layer like a mask to clean skin. Let it sit for 20 minutes. It will harden during this time. Rinse again with warm water and you will be perfectly exfoliated!
The secret to getting rid of unwanted pimples has been sitting in your medicine cabinet for years and you didn’t even know it! Next time you wake up to a little red friend, follow these steps for your homemade acne spot treatment.
- Drop an Aspirin tablet in a small dish with water.
- When the tablet dissolves completely spread a thin layer of the white paste onto the problem area and let it dry.
- Once the paste is dry, rinse off and pat face dry with a clean towel.
Your unwanted blemish is now drastically reduced in redness and inflammation.
Now leave it alone!
P.S. Always remember to wash your hands before touching your face to avoid transferring bacteria.
FOR MORE BEAUTY TIPS AND INFORMATION, VISIT BLOG.THEBEAUTYPLACE.COM. INTERESTED IN HAIR CARE AND SKIN CARE PRODUCTS? THEN HEAD TO THEBEAUTYPLACE.COM FOR AFFORDABLE PRICES ON TOP BRANDS.
Want a narrower, more defined nose? Forget surgery and learn how to master the art of contouring!
- Using a small angled brush apply the contouring color starting from the beginning of the brow. Drag it downward to the side of the nose and all the way to the tip.
- Blend with a fluffy brush until there are no harsh edges.
- Apply the highlighting color down the bridge of your nose to make it really pop and blend out.
No one likes to pucker up with lips that are dryer than the Sahara! Surprise, surprise, you need to exfoliate your lips too! Dead skin builds up on your lips causing a dry and flaky smoocher, especially in the constantly & rapidly changing climates we endure. Lips don’t have oil producing glands which are the cause of this dryness, as well as the reason that they require their own scrub to be up to the perfect kissing potential.
Follow these simple steps to create your own at home (and tasty) lip scrub. You will need: a spoonful of sugar, oil, and honey – equal parts. Combine them and apply to lips in a smooth, even layer. Use a spoolie brush (shown here) to scrub off the dead skin gently. Repeat if necessary.
The only thing more fun than buying a new cosmetic is buying a new cosmetic that can be used in more than one way! Use your favorite shade of lipstick as blush by applying a small amount to your pointer finger. Rub it together with your thumb to warm it up then apply it in circular motions to your cheeks. Be careful not to apply too much. A small dab will give you the perfect hue!
Avocado has the ability to make you beautiful in more ways than just being a great at home sunburn remedy! Here are 4 reasons why you should pick up a few of these remarkable fruits on your next trip to the grocery!
1. They’re great for your skin: both eating them and applying them directly to your skin are beneficial. They’re rich in Vitamin A which gives you essential fats and helps keep your skin moisturized and glowing when consumed. Avocado oils are used in natural moisturizers and there are many masks that call for an avocado base to soften your face!
2. They reduce wrinkles: Avocado has anti aging properties! They’re loaded with antioxidants that prevent wrinkles!
3. They make your hair shine too: those same vitamins are great for your hair giving you gorgeous shiny locks!
4. Weight loss: Avocados are a dieter’s best friend! While they aren’t a low calorie or low fat food, they’re a very healthy snack and a fruit with a high protein and low sugar content. They’re a great addition to any salad or sandwich that will keep you fuller longer and more satisfied. They’re one of those “good fats” or monounsaturated fats.
Planning on taking a Fake-Cation this Summer? Here’s how to look like you spent the last few days relaxing on a lounge chair in Turks & Caicos when you really were stuck in your cubicle!
1. Apply all over loose foundation for light coverage.
2. Lightly brush the spots that the sun would hit naturally hit your face with bronzer. These spots would be across your forehead, down your nose and on your cheeks just beneath your eyes. Think about the spots that burn first when you’re really in the sun!
3. Top off with a little pink blush on the cheeks to get a really “flushed” look.
Be prepared for some jealous stares!
As much as we preach about skincare & sun protection, we know some of you beauties will still show up to work on Monday morning with a wicked sunburn! This may seem like a Mediterranean recipe, but it isn’t. Combine 1/2 an avocado peeled & pitted with 3 tbsp olive oil. Mash it together and smooth it onto your burn. Let it sit for 15 minutes then rinse.
The avocado is a natural anti-inflammatory so you can skip the Advil, and it hydrates the skin too. The olive oil softens the sun damaged skin immediately upon contact. Both ingredients add essential oils back into your skin. Ahhhhhhh!